Friday, March 02, 2007

Cash for honours and the BBC injunction

Iain Dale sheds a little light:
I understand it is to do with an email that incriminates someone in a fairly drastic way. I do not know what the terms of the injunction are, but isn't this an injunction which the Labour Party should have asked for rather than Her Majesty's Government?

I am aware of the identity of the individual who is the subject of the email, but I think if I name them I'll probably be banged up at Heathrow on my return! And, dear reader, you wouldn't want that, would you?
Later. A number of bloggers are pointing out that the BBC originally accompanied their report on the injunction with a picture of Ruth Turner. It has since been taken down.

Others suggest an e-mail "with Lord Levy's fingerprints all over it".

Later still: The International Herald Tribune casts a little more light:
The Metropolitan Police said in a statement that there were concerns that disclosure of information would impede the investigation, and that Lord Goldsmith, the attorney-general, was acting "completely independently of government and in his independent public interest capacity."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you might want to look here:
http://liberalengland.blogspot.com/

For more actual news.

Anonymous said...

sugar I meant here:
http://aconservatives.blogspot.com/

James Graham (Quaequam Blog!) said...

I do wish Lord Goldsmith would buy some different coloured hats so we could tell which Lord Goldsmith was doing what and when. It would make life so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Trust Dale to chicken out - the name of the person involved was; excuse me but two large men in dark suits have just entered the romm and... arrgh, ough, oooyah!