Sunday, June 03, 2007

Cat of the Week

And quite possibly Cat of the Year too. Well done, Otto:

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sequel to The Phantom Of The Opera is one of theatreland’s most anticipated events.

But, I can reveal, a bizarre mishap means that it is likely to be longer than expected before it reaches the stage.

Lloyd Webber, 59, was working on the score at his computerised grand piano when his six-month-old kitten Otto clambered into its frame and managed to delete everything he had written so far.

Note too the story about Lembit and Welshpool railway station lower down the page.

2 comments:

Nich Starling said...

I heard about this story too until my parents told me it was in The Daily Mail. I then wondered if it was actually largely made up.

Anonymous said...

There is more about Lloyd Webber's cat here. Apparently it likes swimming in toilet bowls, which explains its choice of owner.