Monday, November 03, 2008

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Robocalling

Wednesday

The telephone is brought to me and the voice at the other end says: "Hello this is Nick Clegg. I am ringing to tell you about the Liberal Democrats' exciting policies." "I know it's you, man," I reply, "and we were talking about party policy only this morning. I was about to call you myself to ask if you had had time to think about my idea of extorting money from the Estonian Government by threatening to send back....”

Clegg, however, talks over me in the most boorish fashion and our conversation ends with my bidding him a brisk good day and replacing the receiver. If Clegg thinks he is going to win people’s votes by behaving in this fashion he will, I fear, be gravely disappointed.

If you like This Sort Of Thing, read:


No comments: