Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hello Aruba

One of the pleasures of blog stats is seeing all the different countries your readers come from. I still use Statcounter, incidentally, though I probably should change to Google Analytics.

This afternoon I was visited by someone from Aruba.

Aruba?

Wikipedia provides enlightenment:

Aruba ... is a 33-kilometre (21 mi)-long island of the Lesser Antilles in the southern Caribbean Sea, 27 kilometres (17 mi) north of the Paraguaná Peninsula, Falcón State, Venezuela. Together with Bonaire and Curaçao, it forms a group referred to as the ABC islands of the Leeward Antilles, the southern island chain of the Lesser Antilles.

An autonomous region within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Aruba has no administrative subdivisions. Unlike much of the Caribbean region, Aruba has a dry climate and an arid, cactus-strewn landscape. This climate has helped tourism as visitors to the island can reliably expect warm, sunny weather. It has a land area of 193 square kilometres (75 sq mi) and lies outside the hurricane belt.

Anyway, I hope my visitor enjoyed the Clifford T. Ward video.

1 comment:

Mario said...

Hey I am from Aruba and ran into this post. Any other questions you may have, let me know. Glad to be of help. Rgds, from Sunny Aruba. Mario