Friday, May 25, 2012

Engelbert Humperdinck and the Harborough Song Contest

Lord Bonkers writes exclusively for Liberal England:
I am confident that, as so often, I speak for the nation when I wish Engelbert Humperdinck the best of good fortune in tomorrow's Eurovision Song Contest. 
Mr Humperdinck, of course, is a long-term resident of Great Glen in the Harborough District. Indeed, he cut his musical teeth in our own Harborough Song Contest, which he has won many times. 
I know this event has its problems - the Langtons always vote for one another, Fleckney never fails to award nul points to Market Harborough - but I, for one, shall be glued to the screen when next it takes place.

1 comment:

Simon Titley said...

The problems with the Harborough Song Contest started, of course, with the fall of the Oakham Wall. Once the formerly communist eastern parts of Rutland and Leicestershire were reunited with the west, the number of contestants grew out of control.

And the behaviour of these people is bizarre. I can never understand why the Langtons fight vicious wars against one another yet still vote for each other in the song contest.