Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lord Bonkers' Diary: David Heath at the Hall

Tuesday

Do you know David Heath? Our Liberal Democrat MPs are fine fellows to a man – and, indeed, a woman – but if I were kidnapped by highly-paid BBC executives and forced to listen to the ramblings of David Dimbleby until I named my favourite amongst them, my choice would almost certainly light upon Heath. In recent years, he has served as Deputy Leader of the House of Commons, which means that he has been privy to the most delicious gossip: who is up, who is down, whether the government will be obliged to make concessions on the Tramways Bill.

For all these reasons, Heath is a favourite guest here at the Hall and I look forward to his arrival tomorrow, even though he has recently been moved to Agriculture.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary:

No comments: