Saturday, September 21, 2013

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Telling The Truth

The latest issue of Liberator was mailed to subscribers before the Liberal Democrat Conference, so it is high time we spent some more time with Rutland's most celebrated fictional peer.

Telling The Truth

From time to time I like to share my accumulated wisdom with the Well-Behaved Orphans. Today I give them a little talk on the importance of Telling The Truth and touch upon the infant George Washington – no doubt you know the tale.

I emphasise that there is nothing wrong with chopping down trees – Mr Gladstone would often do so when he came to the Hall. So much so, indeed, that my grandfather kept a supply of Cow Gum to hand so that he could put the trees back after the GOM had left. For years I maintained it myself, so that it could be used by passing Focus editors, but there does not seem the demand for it these days.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

No comments: