Thursday, August 21, 2014

Lord Bonkers' Diary: The Minister for Elf

Another week at Bonkers Hall draws to a close. Judging by today's entry, that is probably just as well.

Sunday

You find me on the terrace again, looking out upon my coverts. If it is the Elves of Rockingham Forest in there, it is high time they met Norman Lamb.

Do I hear you ask why? Because he is the Minister for Elf, of course.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary

  • The elves in my covert
  • An inflatable Julian Huppert
  • Spotting a wrong 'un
  • The Liberal Detective Agency
  • The Bedroom Tax and the Hall
  • When sheep went through the lobbies
  • 3 comments:

    wolfi said...

    Hi Jonathan!

    I really enjoy your Lord Bonkers stories - generall that special kind of british humour exemplified by Monthy Python - and I'm not the only one in my family that does.

    Just now my nehew told me that he and his girlfriend were lucky to get tickets to one of the Monty Python shows this summer!

    Now for something totally different:

    Somehow your youtube videos create problems on my notebook - usually the picture shows something completely different from the article ...
    Ain't that strange? What might be the reason?
    Greetings from Hungary

    wolfi

    Jonathan Calder said...

    Wolfi

    I have heard of that problem before. Try clearing your cache and see it that helps.

    wolfi said...

    Thanks a lot, Jonathan!

    Seems to work ...

    Btw I just looked at "Beatles want to sexually hypnotise you into Communism" and almost fell on the floor laughing!

    That's as good as "666" aka the number of the beast in Rock&Roll.

    Keep up the good work, your site is really fun - and instructive too!

    Your fan

    wolfi (now again in Hungary)