Saturday, February 28, 2015

Alistair Carmichael doesn't quite rule out a leadership bid



BBC News has a report headlined:

Alistair Carmichael rules out Lib Dem leadership bid

But when you read Alistair's quote below it, you can detect a little wriggle room if you want to:
"I have got a family that still includes school age children. And the commitment that it takes to be party leader in modern politics is enormous. 
"My family already miss out on a lot just by virtue of the fact that I'm an MP and I'm a minister and I'm away from home every week . 
"At least I feel that they miss out on a lot, they might feel differently."
So perhaps there was something in Lord Bonkers' tip after all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And his other ground for ruling out leadership ambitions is that he represents Jo Grimond's old constituency!