Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lord Bonkers' Diary: I have no doubt she will hold her seat

Lord Bonkers continues his survey of Liberal Democrat prospects at the general election. Today he offers a short but optimistic post.

Hazel Grove

She is a delightful woman and I have no doubt she will hold her seat (wherever it is).

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West, 1906-10.

Earlier this week in Lord Bonkers' Diary

  • "Top Secret: Burn Before Reading"
  • The mint cake workers of Kendal
  • There can be no doubt that he was Terribly Sorry
  • The Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey Railway
  • Armed with pitchforks and flaming brands
  • He was never one to resort to underhand methods
  • 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Find the use of the term 'bonkers' offensive. It is derogatory to those who have a diagnosis of mental ill health, and increases stigma and discrimination.

    Philip Thomas said...

    I have a serious mental illness (which is fortunately currently in remission) and I don't find anything offensive in the term "bonkers" in this context: I agree it could be used offensively, but I don't think it is being so used here.