Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Lamb’s friends have a lot to answer for

Lord Bonkers continues his visit to Norfolk.

Norman Lamb’s friends have a lot to answer for

At this point we are interrupted by a woman whose daughter was at school with Lamb’s son and wants to urge… I expect you can guess what she wants to urge Lamb.

When she has done urging and left, I tell Lamb: “It is clear to me that you have no alternative. If your neighbours are ever to enjoy a normal life again, you will have to make an announcement that you will be a candidate for the leadership of the Liberal Democrats the very next time there is a vacancy. Only then will your friends leave you alone.”

I return to my hotel confident that he will do the right thing. Really, I think Norman Lamb’s friends have a lot to answer for!

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary...
  • Richard III, Twycross Zoo and Foxton Locks
  • "Bomb on the Buses"
  • "My friends just won't leave me alone"
  • No comments: