Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Repairs to the railway at Chilham

The rail replacement bus from Canterbury West to Ashford went past Godmersham village hall, where they looked after us on Sunday night, and then the site of the derailment.

What I didn't realise at the time was that it took place on a low embankment. That, added to the fact that there was not a train coming the other way at just the wrong time, made me realise that I may have a luckier escape than I realised at the time.

Anyway, these photographs from the Network Rail Media Centre show the work that has taken place to rescue the train and repair the track and bridge at Chilham.

I have also added a photo of my "Ticket to Cow Hell".

Credit: Network Rail
Credit: Network Rail
Credit: Network Rail
Credit: Network Rail

No comments: