Monday, September 12, 2016

Lord Bonkers' Diary: The work of a particularly large mole

Still no news on how the Liberal Democrats can revive their electoral fortunes. Still, Estate work is important.

The work of a particularly large mole

I must now pause for a modest luncheon. You are no doubt wondering how my article is coming along. Well, I am (as I may have mentioned) simply bursting with ideas for it, but I have been concerned for some days about a spot of subsidence at the Bonkers’ Home for Well-Behaved Orphans. Being firmly of the belief that we must put children first, I hurried over their after coffee to supervise the repairs.

The foreman of the builders suggested that the problem was due to a tunnel that had been dug from the coal cellar under the walls of the orphanage, put I pooh-poohed the idea. It must, I told him, be an adit left over from the Rutland Gold Rush or the work of a particularly large mole.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West 1906-10

Earlier in Lord Bonkers' Diary:
  • How the Liberal Democrats can revive their electoral fortunes
  • While I enjoy my Caffè Bellotti
  • Piracy on Rutland Water
  • No comments: