Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Dry Dock, Leicester


I blogged in October that Leicester's Dry Dock pub, housed in a boat on Freemen's Common, was due for the breakers yard because the University of Leicester is planning to redevelop the area.

Finding myself in that part of the city today, I had a drink there.

With students at home and Leicester City supporters at Anfield, it was missing its most reliable customers and almost empty. It did have a good range of beers though.

You can read more about the university's plans for the area in the Leicester Mercury.


2 comments:

Chris N D said...

Hi I run the website www.hiwb.org.uk - for historic inland working boats and would like to use your photos on the site if I may? I will of course credit you with them. Regards, Chris D

Jonathan Calder said...

Hello Chris. You are welcome to use these photos with a credit.

Thanks for asking.