Friday, March 12, 2010

That new Lib Dem election slogan in full

The BBC informs us that it will be the rather wordy:
"Change that works for you, building a fairer Britain"
A naughty part of me is reminded of the efforts of Reginald Perrin's son-in-law Tom:

Tom: I have distributed among you a few campaign ideas - I'm not really a campaign person - and slogans. I won't bore you with my slogan ideas now.

Perrin: No, no, Tom, I insist that you bore us with them now.

Tom: Oh. Well, there was one - I'm not really a slogan person - it went: "Go to Grot shops and get an eyeful, of Perrin's Products with a wide range of goods that are really pretty awful".

Perrin: Excellent, Tom! Perfect!

Tom: It doesn't rhyme or scan properly.

Perrin: It almost rhymes and scans properly, that's the important thing. This is exactly what I'm paying you for.

Tom: Thank you. Well, I'll just give you one more, perhaps: "Grot is the ideal place for gifts, because they're all on one floor, so there aren't any lifts." They aren't all of that standard, of course.

Thanks to Wikipedia.

No comments: