Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Six of the Best 165

"My Papers Are Not In Order, and so I'm not going to the party conference." The Bringer of Tea explains why the row over Cowley Street and the police claiming a veto over who attend the Liberal Democrat Conference really matters.

"I don’t believe that we have a very good National Health Service but I do believe we have a world beating National Illness Service." Richard Kemp on the limitations of the NHS.

ePolitix.com has the Campaign for the Preservation of Rural England's reaction to the new natural environment white paper.

"The 'war on terror' has been the primary driver of expanded surveillance in the past decade - but the 'war on drugs' is sometimes overlooked as also having played a key role in eroding our privacy rights" says the American Civil Liberties Union.

Want to appear on on Later with Jools Holland? Emma Hartley's Glamour Cave will tell you how.

The King's Cross Lighthouse continues to rot away, mourns Urban75 Blog. The King's Cross lighthouse? My theory is that it was built to keep trains off the notorious Pentonville Rocks. Anyway, it appears in the photo, which I have borrowed from the blog.

No comments: