Monday, November 11, 2013

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Sharing my postbag

The new issue of Liberator arrives, so it must be time to spend another week with Rutland's most popular fictional peer.

Sharing my postbag

Winter draws on, as the first Lady Bonkers used to say. The leaves have fallen from the trees and the wheways (or are they hamwees?) have left for Africa. At this time of year I am at my happiest when reading and writing in front of my Library fire.

Rest assured, gentle reader, I still enjoy rude health and only last week made my annual trip to Hebden Bridge and the spring which bursts from the hillside above what used to be the headquarters of the Association of Liberal Councillors and is said to bestow long life upon all those who bathe in it. This evening, however, I have a tumbler of Auld Johnston, that most prized of Highland malts, at my elbow and a spaniel at my feet and do not feel inclined to move. So let me share the day’s postbag with you.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

No comments: