Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How to help the Liberal Democrats in the Newark by-election



Polling day in  Newark is 5 June. If you want to travel there to help the Lib Dem candidate David Watts, you have a problem. There is no Liberal Democrat HQ to report to.

I have asked the East Midlands party, and the best thing to do is to email Marilyn Rayner and tell her you are coming. I am sure you will be found plenty to do.

The party is planning an action day on Saturday 31 May, with a stall in Newark marketplace. Full details are on the East Midlands Lib Dems website, and that is the best place to look for the latest news of the campaign.

Newark is an interesting town, and the constituency also includes Southwell. I recommend a trip to Southwell Minster - the most beautiful cathedral you have never heard of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the betting? On current form I think the Lib Dem might just edge out the Bus Pass Elvis Party but will be well behind the Monster Raving Looney.

Anonymous said...

^^^ I agree, going by their result in the last elections. :)

Unknown said...

I'm tempted to go back for old times' sake, but its a bit far.