Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Sharing a banana or two

Today Lord Bonkers introduces us to an old friend.

Saturday

When the world’s cares burden me or I find the pettiness of party politics too grating, I take myself off to Oakham Zoo.

There I have a word with the Head Keeper and am let into the gorilla enclosure to share a banana or two with the leading silverback. It is a pleasure to be able to discuss current affairs with someone who has no axe to grind and is able to offer his own unique perspective.

More than once, I have offered to have a word with Clegg about a peerage, but Guy has always declined on the grounds that the House of Lords is “a jungle”.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West 1906-10.

Earlier this week in Lord Bonkers' Diary:

No comments: